The Spanish giants are believed to be close to securing a deal to bring the Colombian to the Bernabeu, despite Monaco insisting that their highly-rated striker is not for sale
Real Madrid are in advanced discussions to make Radamel Falcao their latest Galactico, Goal understands.
The Colombia international has expressed his desire to return to Spain following an injury-interrupted season at AS Monaco.
Goal can confirm an outline agreement has been reached, with further discussions over the transfer fee planned.
Though his current contract does not specify a release fee, it was signed last May on the understanding that Falcao would be permitted to leave the club should an attractive offer emerge at the end of his first season there.
Monaco will expect Madrid to match the €60million transfer fee they paid to sign the former Porto striker from Atletico, although, publicly at least, the Ligue 1 club remain adamant they will not be selling their star striker this summer.
“There are no negotiations with any club for Falcao,” said Monaco’s vice-president Vadim Vasilyev on Thursday.
When questioned on whether Falcao had asked to leave, he replied: “We have not talked about that. We count on him and believe he will have a great season in 2014-2015.
“Nobody is not transferable, I don’t know of any examples in football – yet there is no discussion, we rely on him.”
HUGE DOUBT: Portugal talisman Cristiano Ronaldo is a major doubt for the World Cup [GETTY]
The Portuguese captain is struggling with a thigh injury and has been ruled out of the warm-up match against Greece today.
International boss Paulo Bento admits he can’t put a date on the Real Madrid star’s comeback and will not any risks ahead of the tournament in Brazil.
Bento said: “Ronaldo will be with us against Greece but he will not play.
“We’re not going to set down a calendar for his return to competition.”
Ronaldo, 29, suffered an injury-hit finish to the season – completing just three of Madrid’s final 11 games
He sat out their last league game against Espanyol after pulling up during the warm up.
Ronaldo recovered to play the full 120 minutes in Madrid’s Champions League final win against Atletico Madrid.
Real Madrid, the winners of the 2014 UEFA Champions Cup, are set to make a 70-million-pound (roughly $120 million) bid to score Liverpool striker Luis Suarez this summer, The Independent reports.
The $120 million would go toward covering a rumored release clause of the same amount that was included in Suarez’s Liverpool contract that also netted him roughly $335,000 per week. It is likely Real Madrid would offer a similar or higher salary to the Uruguayan star who won 2014′s PFA player of the year award.
If the deal goes through, Real Madrid’s addition of Suarez would basically make the team to European soccer what the Miami Heat are to the NBA. But maybe even more deadly. Suarez would join Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale, who were also recruited with big money bids, as well as standouts such as Daniel Carvajal, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Angel De Maria, Luka Modric and Xabi Alonso.
Suarez, meanwhile, has not publicly stated he wishes to join Real Madrid, and last month he dismissed rumors that about his future to Madrid’s La Marca newspaper. Suarez said:
“I don’t pay any attention to those stories; I’m under contract with Liverpool. When I read that Real want to sign me, I turn the page; it’s just speculation. I’m focused on the World Cup and I’m not thinking about the speculation.”